The Facts and Figures of Hair Loss, Pt 2
Welcome back to our blog series here at Hairskeen! As we work toward getting our hair replacement products in salons and barbershops all over the country, we’re amazed at the response that we’re getting from our hair stylists and barbers alike. With our hair loss solutions, we’ve been able to change the game. Instead of asking men to rely on risky medications, messy creams, or obvious toupees, we’re offering a product that provides an instant solution to baldness, and it will completely transform your client’s look.
In moments, you can take a client from bald and self-conscious to confident and sexy. Don’t believe us? Take a look at our gallery to see the options that are available for your clients. Not only do we offer the best hair replacement products on the market, we also offer training and education so that your stylists can start selling Hairskeen at your salon or barbershop! Check out our website to learn more and contact us to get started!
In part one of our blog series regarding the facts and figures of hair loss, we discussed a little bit about the psychological effects of dealing with hair loss as well as how men have dealt with hair loss over the centuries. In addition to this, we learned about some of the root cause of hair loss, as well as some startling statistics regarding the condition.
In today’s blog, we’re going to pick up where we left off! Let’s continue looking at some of the strongest statistics for the problem of hair loss and male-pattern baldness. Continue reading to learn more!
Statistics on Baldness
- People have anywhere from 100,000 to 150,000 hair follicles and it’s typical to lose about 100 hairs per day. As we get older, the growth of new hair slows, and in men with the balding gene, this growth slows at a faster rate.
- Ethnicity can influence the rate of hair growth and even though the average human scalp grows hair at a rate of 6 inches per year, that number can change based on their ethnicity.
- According to the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, there were almost 90,000 hair transplant operations performed in 2012 and 86% of them were men.
- Although many hair replacement surgeries deal with the hair on one’s head, Asia saw nearly 6,000 people getting surgery for hair restoration of their eyebrows, and Europe reported 112 cases of restorative surgery for chest hair.
- Almost half (43 percent) of balding people have said that they’d rather have thicker, fuller hair than more money.
No matter what the statistics, facts, and figures have to say about hair loss, one thing remains certain, it’s a common condition, and people are desperate for a solution. Learn more about our hair replacement services for men when you go to Hairskeen.com. We’d love to talk with you more about ways to get this cutting-edge technology in your salon or barbershop. Check out our gallery, look into our educational offerings, and contact us with questions!
Happier clients are right around the corner when you get on board with Hairskeen!